Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Monday, December 05, 2005

Jazzercise Half-time Debut!!

Let me give you some more details of yesterday. We get there and have practice for about 90 mins...there lots of CRABBY people, one in particular who wanted to BOSS me around...:freak:freak You're going too fast...stay in line...I'm thinking THIS LINE IS SUPPOSED TO MOVE FORWARD...DUH!!! So, I looked at Del standing next to me (she and I had been crabbin' about this gal) and said, I'm not moving from this spot. She laughed. SO...I bet I moved about 3" forward...IF that. After that Mrs. Crabby said OH, THAT WAS PERFECT! I looked her square in the eye and said, "I NEVER moved and this liine is supposed to move forward and back." She said, "Whatever! It was perfect!" Del said IGNORE HER. Well, get this...when we did it for REAL...WE MOVED! And MRS. CRABBY stayed WITH US!!! Oh, God is good! ;)

We had a lunch in a heated tent...burgers and chicken sandwiches...nothing special but we were all starving after the practice. Then off to the field.
We walked thru the tunnel past the Chiefs/Broncos and where the teams run onto the field...TOTALLY COOL! Next we were on the field walking past the Broncos endzone where they were warming up. Let me tell you, THOSE GUYS ARE HUGE!!! HUGE I TELL YA!!! Then it was game time...21-21 at half.

SHOW TIME!!! We line up and the announcer does a GREAT job. He tells the crowd that we all had to raise a minimum of $250/each in order to perform and that as a group of almost 300 we raised $90,000 for the Chief's Children's Fund. There is still money coming in too so that number is LOW.

SO, we run onto the field and begin the routine...and it is COLD out there. I look up to the stands to see if anyone is watching...they are! But the funny part, one guy about 350LBS and his buddy of about 300LBS were in the front, along the railing standing there mocking us. I wish he knew how much that CRACKED me up! I thought, "Buddy, you look ridiculous!!!" Next thing I knew we're done with our 6 minute routine. I messed up a little bit, nothing major, but eh, no one's perfect! And the cold really put a burn into my throat and lungs...I didn't feel normal for about an hour.

SO...that was my halftime debut! I'm not sure if I'll do it again or not...but it was fun and I'm glad I did it!

1 comment:

Granny said...

You did it and that's what matters. Congrats on being a part of raising mega $$ for a good cause. I tell you . . I wouldn't have done it if someone was giving me the whole $90K so I'm way proud of you.

Judy