Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas quilty decorations

This was a santa wallhanging that was in a Quiltmaker magazine about 4 yrs ago. When I saw this pattern I immediately sat down to make it! It was simple but cute!
This was a wallhanging that I made using a took called "thirty something". This hangs in the hearth room and is visible from the family room.
My FIRST ever quilt! It ain't perfect! LOL...but it's my first. I don't think it has a label on it though...YIKES...I"ll have to get on that! I use this to dress a small end table as a tablecloth.

This was a simple throw that I am using to decorate my dining room table this year. It was made from a Christmas fabric swap from a now defunct online message board. I wanted something quick and easy! HST's fit the bill!

SO...there are some of my Christmas quilts...just wanted to share!
Laurie

6 comments:

Finn said...

Your christmasy things are soooo pretty. I really like the hst for a table covering. I really like the idea of something that simple. I think your first quilt is very nice..we all have one of those..a place where we started. Just look at the improvment from then to your Santa and Trees..*VBS* Good Job!!

Carolyn said...

I love the tablecloth too...maybe because it's so scrappy? Your other Christmas quilts are wonderful too!

Granny said...

Well, don't you just have too many Christmas quilts! Do I see cardinals in the first quilt you made? What a keepsake! I never saw that Santa wall hanging in the magazine. I just might want to make one of those. I'm going to have to go searching through my old magazines (good thing I didn't throw any of them out!)

Judy

Hunter said...

What beautiful Christmas quilts. I can't believe the one you identified as your first quilt. It looks great.

Glad you're home safe and sound.

Aloha,
Darilyn

Laurie said...

Darilyn,
LOL on my first quilt...fortunately pictures make us look PERFECT!!! Thanks though! It will always be special!
Laurie

Laurie Ann said...

Love the table cloth. Very beautiful. And your first quilt is great! My first quilt has been a dog blanket for many years now. It was really bad!!