Don't Be Shy!

I am glad you stopped by my blog! I'd like to get to know more about you! I enjoy each and every comment left on my blog! If you're new, please introduce yourself! Comments are welcomed!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

SCREEEEAAAAMM!!!


OK...now that I feel better...sort of anyway...I have spent the whole afternoon working a quilt up in EQ5. I bought a magazine just because I thought it had the right pattern for the tropical prints pictured here. After spending a couple of hours doing that I decided it was way more work than I wanted to do! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

So, I'm back to square one. I thought about Bonnie's Chunky Churn Dash using the focus fabric and the minty green for the QST's that come together to make square in a square looking background and my bright yellow for the center squares and the purple/pink with the oranges for the rails. I also considered the P/A Blossom of Bonnie's but am not sure about that one either because it would be too much pink/orange!!! I also considered Bonnie's Random Ohio Stars using the focus as the background for the large stars, the mint green for the plain blocks, and the other fabrics to make random small stars . I want this to be a quick and fun quilt.

NOW...I KNOW you quilters out there have OPINIONS! LOL...so let's hear them please! I'm open to other ideas as well!

Gosh, I wish this wasn't that hard!
Hugs
Laurie

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

If it were me, I'd just leave them displayed the way you have them in the picture, maybe on a darker background, then matted and framed. they look too pretty to cut! (I know, I'm no help at all!)

Laurie said...

LOLOL Carolyn...but you did give your opinion...and I value that! ;)
Hugs
Laurie

Hunter said...

Hexagons. No wait, I'm the one obsessed with hexagons. Never mind. ;)

Aloha,
Darilyn

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I vote for pineapple blossom! The chunky churn dash is fun...but the pieces are smaller 2.5" squares and 1.5" strips...the blocks are 6"....and there are lots of them! PB has 9" blocks, uses 2" strips and 3.5" squares and will show off your black backgrounded print better!

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Bonnie

Finn said...

I'm so lost in my stash and those sawtooth stars that I can't think straight. I'd probably need to know what size quilt you desire, and how much you have of each fabric for my opinion to be helpful. I do like Carolyn's suggestion tho..they are great just the way they are..*VBS*

P.S. Love the cardinal and christmas lights on your sidebar..*G*

Tracey said...

I vote for Bonnie's pine blossoms as well. But that's not the main reason I'm commenting......

APRIL IS FAST APPROACHING
*jeopardy music*.........:oP ROFL!!

The Calico Cat said...

I can so see the pineapple blossoms with the "rails" being scrappy - randomly placed and the leafy print as the triangles.....

Granny said...

I have a headache and can't think but I know whatever you choose will be great. I find it really hard to have the fabric and then try to match it with a design. I do much better coming up with a design and then finding the fabric.

Whatever you choose, it's going to be a pretty quilt!

Judy L.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Love the fabrics (wish I could steal a couple of them, heh heh heh). My suggestion would be to throw in a solid black (and a black with a bit of the other colors in tiny sparks)as well and maybe a darker green. Make it scrappy. I liked the random ohio stars idea, but it'll be fun no matter what.